Dr. Syed Sultan Beevi
Awards & Achievements :
- 6 years of Post Doctoral Research Experience in Cancer and Stem Cell Biology.
- Authored 24 original articles, 5 conference proceedings and One Monograph in Journals of International repute with an H-index of 10 (Citation Gadget).
- Awarded highly competitive and prestigious CSIR-Fellowship, UGC-Kothari & DBT-RA Fellowship for conducting doctoral and postdoctoral research respectively.
- Awarded Australian Endeavour Research Fellowship to conduct research at The University of Sydney as Visiting Scientist
- Gold Medallist, Graduate & Masters at University of Madras.
- Ph.D., Biotechnology, Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad, India.
- M.Phil. Life Science, Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli, India.
- M.Sc., Clinical Biochemistry, University of Madras, Chennai, India.
Research Experience :
- Scientist – Regenerative Medicine, KFRC, Secunderabad .(Present)
- Visiting Scientist – Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Junior Consultant – Stem Cell Laboratory, Global Hospitals, Hyderabad.
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Cancer Biology Group, CCMB, Hyderabad.
- Grewal, T, Hoque M, Beevi SS, Wahba M, Conway RW, Timpson P, Enrich C, Rentero C. Annexin A6 – A multifunctional scaffold in cell motility. Cell Adhesion & Migration, 2016: 1 – 17.
- Chakravdhanula U, Anbarasu K, Verma VK, Beevi SS*. Clinical efficacy of platelet rich plasma in combination with methotrexate in chronic plaque psoriatic patients. Dermatologic Therapy 2016; 29: 446-450 (*Corresponding Author)
- Tangudu NK*, Verma VK*, Clemons TD*, Beevi SS*, Hay T, Kumar LK, et al. RNA Interference using c-Myc-Conjugated Nanoparticles Suppresses Breast and Colorectal Cancer Models. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2015; 14: 1259 – 1269 (*Co-First Author).
- Verma VK, Beevi SS, Debnath T, Chelluri LK et al. Signal regulatory protein alpha (SIRPA) and kinase domain receptor (KDR) are key expression markers in cardiac specific precursor selection from hADSCs. New Horizons in Translational Medicine, 2015; 2: 93-101 (*Co-First Author).
- Verma VK, Beevi SS, Kamaraju SR, Kancherala R, et al. Fluorescent magnetic iron oxide nano-particles for cardiac precursor cell selection from stromal vascular fraction and optimization for magnetic resonance imaging. International Journal of Nanomedicine 2015; 10: 711-726.
- Verma VK*, Beevi SS*, Tabassum A, Kumaresan K, Kamaraju RS, Chelluri LK. In vitro assessment of cytotoxicity and labeling efficiency of 99mTc-HMPAO with stromal vascular fraction of adipose tissue. Nuclear Medicine and Biology, 2014; (*Co-First Author)
- Beevi SS, Verma VK, Chelluri LK, Lakshmi K, Debnath T, Shalini U, Kancherla R, Kamaraju R. Dual labeling strategy of SPION for optical and MR imaging of stem cell trafficking. Cytotherapy 2013; 15: S48-S48.
- Beevi SS, Chelluri LK. Understanding “niche”: A new paradigm in the success of UCBT. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing 2013, ISBN: 3659328189.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Gowda BB. Polyphenolics and antioxidant properties of Raphanussativus L. Natural Product Research 2012; 26: 557-563.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Subathra M, Edula JR. Hexane Extract of Raphanussativus L. Roots Inhibits Cell Proliferation and Induces Apoptosis in Human Cancer. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition 2010; 65: 200-209.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Reddy LV. Protective effect of Raphanussativus on H2O2 induced cytotoxicity and oxidative DNA Damage in Human lymphocytes. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 2010; 26: 1519-1525.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Gowda BB. Polyphenolics profile, antioxidant and radical scavenging activity of leaves and stem of Raphanussativus L. Plant Foods for Human Nutrition 2010; 65: 8-17.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Anabrolu N. Comparative activity against pathogenic bacteria of the root, stem, and leaf of Raphanussativus grown in India. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology 2009; 25: 465-473.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Dhand V, Siva Ramakrishna D. Isothiocyanate Profile and Selective Antibacterial Activity of Root, Stem, and Leaf Extracts Derived from Raphanussativus L. Foodborne Pathogens and Disease 2009; 6: 129-136.
- Rasheed MH*, Beevi SS*, Rajaraman R, Bose SJ. Alleviation of oxidative and nitrosative stress following curative resection in patient with oral cavity cancer. Journal of Surgical Oncology 2007; 96:194-199. (*Corresponding Author)
- Beevi SS, Rasheed MH, Geetha A. Evidence of oxidative and nitrosative stress in patients with cervical squamous cell carcinoma. ClinicaChimicaActa 2007; 375:119-123. (*Corresponding Author)
- Rasheed MH*, Beevi SS*, Geetha A. Enhanced lipid peroxidation and nitric oxideproducts with deranged antioxidant status in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncology 2007; 43:333-338. (*Corresponding Author)
- Beevi SS, Rasheed MH, Geetha A. Evaluation of oxidative stress and nitric oxide levels in patients with oral cancer. Japanese Journal of Clinical Oncology 2004; 34: 379-385. (*Corresponding Author).
- Subatra M, Santhakumar P, Narasu ML, Beevi SS, Lal SK. Evaluation of antibody response in mice against avian influenza A (H5N1) strain neuraminidase expressed in yeast Pichia pastoris. Journal of Bioscience 2014; 39: 443–451.
- Debnath T, Shalini PU, Beevi SS, Verma VK, Chelluri LK, Ratnakar KS. An approach towards the proliferation and differentiation of stem cells on chitosan based soluble polymer. Cytotherapy 2013; 15: S43–S43.
- Reddy LV, Kethavath M, Nakka M, Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Mukkanti K, Pal S. Design and Synthesis of Novel Cytotoxic Agents Based on Combined Framework of Quinoline and Nimesulide. Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry 2012; 49: 80.
- Priya VP, Radhika K, Kumar SR, Gowda BB, Beevi SS, Devi PY, Rao SA. In vitro anticancer activity of aqueous and acetone extracts of Tridaxprocumbens leaf on PC3 cell lines. International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011; 3: 356–358.
- Chelluri LK, Kancherla R, Turlapati N, Vemuri S, Debnath T, Kumar MP, Beevi SS, Kamaraju RS. Improved differentiation protocol of rat bone marrow precursors to functional islet-like cells. Stem Cell Studies 2011; 1: e5.
- Reddy LV, Nallapti SB, Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Mukkanti K, Pal S. A green synthesis of N-(quinoline-3-ylmethylene)benzohydrazide derivatives and their cytotoxicity activities. Journal of Brazilian Chemical Society 2011; 22: 1742-1749.
- Nakka M, Begum MS, Varaprasad BFM, Reddy LV, Bhattacharya A, Helliwell M, Mukherjee AK, Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Mukkanti K, Pal S. Naproxen and ibuprofen based acyl hydrazone derivatives: Synthesis, structure analysis and cytotoxicity studies. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research 2010; 2: 393-409.
- Reddy LV, Suman A, Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN, Mukkanti K, Pal S. Design and synthesis of 1-aroyl-2-lidene hydrazines under conventional/microwave irradiation conditions and their cytotoxic activities. Journal of Brazilian Chemical Society 2010; 21: 98-104.
Conference Presentations :
- Beevi SS, Hoque M, Wahba M, Rentero C, Enrich C, Grewal T. Annexin A6 recruits TBC1D15 to regulate Rab7-dependent delivery of late endosomal cholesterol required for cell migration. Poster Presentation. 8th Garvan Signalling Symposium, Sydney, Australia, 31st Oct – 1st November 2016.
- Beevi SS, Verma VK, Uma C, Anand V. Clinical Grade Multi-potent Stem Cells from Human Hair Follicle (HF-MSCs) – an Appealing Source for Future Therapeutic Applications. Oral presentation. 6th International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer, Pune, India, 2-5 October 2015.
- Beevi SS, Verma VK, Chelluri LK, Lakshmi K, Debnath T, Shalini U, Kancherla R, Kamaraju R. Dual labeling strategy of SPION for optical and MR imaging of stem cell trafficking. Oral Presentation. 19th ISCT Annual Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand, Auckland, 22-25 April 2013.
- Debnath T, Shalini PU, Beevi SS, Verma VK, Chelluri LK, Ratnakar KS. An approach towards the proliferation and differentiation of stem cells on chitosan based soluble polymer. Poster Presentation. 19th ISCT Annual Meeting, Auckland, New Zealand, Auckland, 22-25 April 2013.
- Beevi SS, Mangamoori LN. 4-methylthio-3-butenyl isothiocyanate (MTBITC) – active principle isolated from indigenous white Raphanus sativus. Poster Presentation. 13th Asian Symposium on Medicinal Plants, Spices and other Natural Products (ASOMPS XIII), IICT, Hyderabad, India, 3-6 November 2008.
Current Research :
- Metastatic Biomarkers in Gynecological Cancers
- Circulating Tumor Cells as Liquid Biopsy to predict metastasis
- Cholesterol – Any role in Cancer Metastasis?